Diploma in Culinary Arts
Senior Instructor / Culinary Arts
Diploma in Baking and Culinary Science
School of Applied Science
Chef Randy has 33 years of experience in the culinary profession of which 17 years were in the capacity of an Executive Chef and above in both local and international organisations. Prior to joining Temasek Polytechnic in February 2013, the last 3 years was focused on charting new directions in training and education in one of Singapore’s top culinary academies.
He teaches subjects related to Western cuisines, and food service/ catering management. Chef Randy is also involved in various F&B-related consultancy projects such as recipe development, food styling, food safety, and the evaluation of catering production set ups for both SMEs and catering establishments.
Subject groups/ Research/Collaborator/Consultancy projects
- Healthier Meals for Childcare
- Healthier Ready to Eat meals
Subjects currently teaching
Fundamental of Culinary Technology
Western Culinary Practicum
Description of expertise
· Acquired international level A judging status with the World Association of Chefs for both Pastry and Culinary sections, and actively serving as a member of judging panels at local, regional and global culinary competitions.
· Achieved overall World Champion status at IGEHO Culinary World Championship 2005, Culinary World Champion at Expogast Culinary World Cup 2014 and Culinary Olympic 2016 while serving as National Team Mentor/Coach.
Patents/Publications / Achievements
· Certified Master Chefs by The World Association of Chefs 2016
· Commended by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at the Singapore National Day Rally 2006 for establishing our
country as a world class culinary force.