28 - 30 August 2019, Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
This highly anticipated ‘First-In-Singapore’ competition is open to all catering and banquet operations professionals keen to take their sense of style to the next level. It takes more than just creativity to dress up a table. Competitors will need originality, be meticulous to deliver an impeccably set table. Besides the latest trends in tableware, accessories and textiles, this Challenge is also a platform for competitors to showcase their skills in the art of table dressing!
Lens Gwee (Chief Judge)
Executive Vice President
Food & Beverage Management Association (SG)
Business & Commercial Development Director
First Gourmet Pte Ltd
Director, Food and Beverage
One Farrer Hotel
Director of Food & Beverage
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
D Editors Pte Ltd
Each team must select and submit their preferred theme / concept from the following:
- The Green Age – Recyclable, Energy Saving and Environmental Friendly
- The Ocean
- The Garden
- The Future
- The Festive Season – Celebrations
- Team must submit copy / copies (A3 size) of their actual design of the theme / concept they have selected to the Chef de Mission before the briefing.
- Team must submit a write up of their selected theme / concept and to brief the panel of Technical Judges on their theme / concept.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Each team made up of 2 service personnel from the Catering / Banquet Operations to showcase the following skills:
- Team must bring all their props, materials, linen / table cloth, display stands etc for their tabletop centrepiece
- Team must display excellent skill, creativity and innovation
- Tabletop centrepiece display must be all dimensional i.e able to be viewed from all angles
- The highest point of tabletop centrepiece must be at least 48 inches tall from the round tabletop
- Team must display excellent organisational skill
- No oversupply of material – no wastage
- Overall theme / concept for tabletop centrepiece must be in line with what the team submitted. Team must be able to explain clearly the concept
- High standard in personal grooming and presentation
- Excellent team work and coordination from set up to final / finished product / display
- Good safety, hygiene and cleanliness practice
- Working station setup - neatness, cleanliness, orderliness, practical, systematic and smooth workflow
The following will be provided for each team:
- 6 feet roundtable
- 1 power point x 13 amps
- 2 x oblong tables (6 ft x 3 ft each). These will be removed after the setup is done
Team must complete / finish their tabletop centrepiece within 60 minutes.
1 x 6 feet roundtable will be provided to each team and teams will not be allowed to bring their own table
- Teams will report for Chef De Mission Briefing at 8:00 am sharp
- Teams to bring in their props, materials, display stands etc from 8:00 am to be placed at their assigned competition site – no actual setup permitted until instruction from the Chef de Mission is given to start
- Teams must declare any special equipment / props etc brought to the Chef De Mission attention at the morning briefing
- Teams will ballot for their team number / tag and will be advised of their serving schedule
- Teams to inform Technical Panel of Judges of their theme / concept for their tabletop centrepiece
- Uniforms form part of the setup and will be judged.
- Teams are advised to observe strict hygiene, cleanliness, safety as well as personal grooming standards
Only catering and banquet operations professionals are eligible for this Challenge. Closing date: 31 July 2019.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please contact Mr. Raja Mohanraj, email@example.com